As a compass keeps a hiker going in the right direction, Scouting’s values put young people on the right path. For over 90 years, Scouting has provided an “internal compass” guiding millions of young people throughout their lives.
For every 100 boys who join a Boy Scout troop:
- Twelve will have their first contact with a church or synagogue.
- Five will earn their religious emblem.
- Three will enter the clergy or a religious vocation.
- Eighteen will develop hobbies that will last through their adult life.
- Eight will enter a career that was learned through the merit badge system.
- One will use his Scout skills to save the life of another.
- Two will use their Scout skills to save their own life.
- Twenty-one will become adult Scouting volunteers.
- Three will become Eagle Scouts.